The Course is designed for All personnel who manage Confined Space Operations.
The Aim of the course is to prepare candidates to apply the principles of Confined Space Regulations 2001 and Code of Practice 2010. The course will enable candidates identify and risk assess confined space work activity. The training will also allow candidates implement a confined space policy and design and manage a compliant safe systems of work.
The Confined Space Awareness Course is NOT suitable for any persons who may have to enter a confined space. If required please see our Confined Space Entry courses.
- Confined Space Regulations 2001
- Confined Spaces Code of Practice 2010
- The Safety, Health and Welfare responsibilities of a manager/employer/employee
- Risk Assessment and categorisation of Confined Spaces
- The role of the Supervisor/Safety Attendant/Entrant
- The testing requirements of safety equipment including tri-pod, winch, safety-harness, breathing apparatus and gas detection equipment.
- The importance of Plant Isolation
- The preparation of Confined Space Entry Permits
- The establishment of safe and effective communication systems
- The development of Confined Space Emergency procedures
- The importance of personal hygiene when working with confined spaces, biological agents and potential infection.
- Accident investigation and reporting
- All personnel who manage Confined Space Operations
Method Of Delivery
- Class-room based at your premises or at one of our training facilities (Maximum of 12 candidates per course)
All candidates who successfully complete the course will receive an POBS certificate for Confined Space Management valid for three years.